Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm Addicted

Not only am I addicted to writing this blog, I am also equally addicted to body4u fitness centre. I love it. Fortunately I have luxury of going in the middle of the day. It's quite and allows me to get down to business - that is the business of being fit and healthy.

I have been to the gym a couple times since I last wrote in my blog and I feel great. Actually, better than great - fantastic.

Everytime I walk into the gym, everyone knows your name, they greet you, make sure you are alright (sometimes I need this reassurance), and help you get started on reaching your fitness goals.

I did get a little wrap over the knuckles for my dietary habits - a packet of tim tams a day, four bottles of Nutrient Water (the best!) and a myriad of bad foods with fat and sugar.

To be honest, I have cut back. I am better than I used to be and when they remind me how bad these things are for my body, it does make me think twice.

On Friday I was ready for my gym session. Very eager. Roaring to go.

I was Angela's last session of the day as she had an early mark. The gym is doing a promotion to help two people get fit and healthy called New Year New You and she is spending the day working on that program. The people they have selected have lived unhealthy lives and Angela is going to show them how to not only lose weight, but make a difference to their lives. I was always a fan of the show 'Biggest Loser' so I am imagining it is this style but a little less hard core.

Anyway, back to my favourite topic - me. The first bit of the session was good. I felt confident. But... there's always a but. She made me do push-ups and they just don't agree with me. I am useless at them. I did do more than the last time she made me do them, but gosh they are hard work. It reminds me how weak my arms are and how much more work they need.

Angela commented that my legs were looking fitter (yeah!!!).

After 30 minutes of working out, sweat dripping off me because lets face it - its the middle of summer in Queensland, I was ready to shower and head home.

I felt so good when I got home I decided to go for a walk with my dog. My energy levels have improved ten-fold. I feel like I am fitting so much more into my day than ever before.

Saturday: I go back to the gym and do a work-out by myself. I much prefer doing one with Angela as I feel like I am achieving more and it makes me do things that I sometimes don't like doing. It also helps as my technique is sometimes a little off.

I am a bit slack but at least I am here and I do have a golf lesson next.

At golf, my coach comments on my new found muscles on my arms that are starting to develop. They aren't exactly popping out, but there is a little hint from all the hard work I have been doing.

Today, I eat well. Yesterday was a reminder that I don't always eat as good as I should.

I also go down to the beach for a swim. It's such a great way to finish off the day.

This fitness things is changing the way I look at everything and I am feeling better, fitter and more mentally stronger every day.

Can't wait to see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment