Friday, January 30, 2009

New Year, New You

Well this week I have been a bit of slack. I have had to travel for work interstate and have missed a couple of sessions. What I have realised with missing a training session is that if you do do it continuously, its hard to get back on the bike.

I still have the same determination I had at the beginning of the year, but I know if I miss any more than it will be harder to get back into it.

This morning I was in Southbank having breakfast and the Premier of Queensland Anna Bligh jogged past and then came back to have her breakfast at the same place where I was having mine.

Here you have one of the busiest woman in the country I would imagine. She runs Queensland, have hundreds of public events that she needs to attend each year and still she finds time to have a jog and keep fit.

I have to say, she is probably the best looking Politician I have ever seen. No makeup, in her running attire and a tad sweaty - and yet, she looked fabulous and healthy.

Now our illustrious Premier is a bit older than I am. I am not sure what her age is but I am 35 years older and I think she is probably in her 40's or perhaps early 50's (probably not the ladder - but you never know with women these days that are turning back the clock).

In any case, she is an inspiration for all those women (and men for that matter) who say they can't find time to go to the gym or look after their bodies.

I have used every excuse in the book this week - travel (it's hard to travel and keep fit at the same time), my suitcase is too small (to fit gym gear in my carry on) and I have meetings and events that I must attend every day and night.

Reality - if I was Premier Bligh, these things really don't matter.

At the same time as seeing Premier Bligh sit across from me, I read the Courier Mail and there was a snippet about how she had been in Cairns this week and took her running shoes and ran 9 km's one morning.

If she can do, so can I.

So, here I am at body4u ready to get back into it. My session with Ang was full-on, hard work and my muscles have somewhat forgotten what it is like to do a training session.

I finish, exhausted but feeling great for having done it.

Then all of a sudden there is a bit of commotion at the gym. They had a competition where two people who want to lose some weight won the opportunity to work with Angela for 8 weeks and lose some serious weight.

How awesome! It's like the Biggest Loser Television Show.

But better. These people can have a life too!

I will take a photo on my blackberry to show you the before... and hopefully a slimmer after.

No comments:

Post a Comment