Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The week after my first fitness session at body4u

What they do for you at body4u is give you a training schedule and some tips on what to eat.

We all have goals for our bodies - realistic or unrealistic - but to achieve them ultimately it is good to have a plan.

Even though body4u won me over when they said that after reviewing body fat, muscle etc, I had a body of someone 10 years younger (exactly what I like to hear), I knew that there were still alot of places to improve and let's face it, I am extremely unfit.

I puff walking up stairs and much prefer to drive to the shops only a block away then walk.

My thighs are of the 'thunder-ish' variety and may be likened to jelly on a good day.

Anyway, back to the training schedule. With my new found determination and pictures all over my bathroom mirror of women that I aspire to look like, I stick to it.

My muscles are sore for the first two days after my initial training session to the point that I a walking like I have a stick up my bottom. Squats, walks, runs, light weights ... is all part of it.

For the first week I feel sore.

I try to eat the right food, but sneak in a packet of Tim Tams (surely no-one will notice) and maybe half a dozen glasses of vino.

After day 8 I hop on the scales and to my amazement I have lost 3 kilos.

On my frame, that is alot. You can notice the difference. Friends start commenting on the fact that I have lost weight.

I feel elated that my hard work and packet of Tim Tams have paid off.

I go back to Angela and she talks me through the changes my body will be making over the next few weeks and months.

I feel comfortable I am on the right track and enjoy the fact that I am back for training session 3. I actually snuck another in a couple of days ago. Feeling sore must mean that it is working, so it is well worth it. Besides that, the view from body4u (outside and in) is amazing. On a beautiful day when their is not a cloud in the sky, its great to work out overlooking the water.

1 comment: